Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lovely mail again!

The parcel mail seems to finally be starting to flow again in my direction.  Things I have sent out seem to be arriving at their destinations quite promptly, but I am still waiting for a couple of things that have been coming to me since June.  Let me show you what I did get this last week ….

Firstly, these six inch squares.  I joined the 6 inch block swap last month and so far I love it.  The smaller blocks are easy to make with material from my mountain of scraps and they turn out quite cute.  We swap two blocks a month in this group.  Here are the blocks I received from Sue.  Can you tell I’m going for hot colours in this one Smile

IMG_3758

Next up, this lovely mug rug that I received from Wendi for Leona's 2nd mug rug swap. 

IMG_3760

Wendi is from Florida so she sent me a bit of Florida beach time.  Doesn’t the beige fabric look like real sand?! She also sent a really cute needle case and a couple of skeins of embroidery thread – something that I sorely need. 

And finally my pincushion top from the Round Robin has made it home.  Marina had sent it a long time ago and was getting anxious about it’s whereabouts….but it was just Canada Post being slow. 

IMG_3761

I asked for a garden theme and look what I got: flowers - a whole wheelbarrow full of flowers - bunnies, butterflies and bluebirds.  Let me put the photo the other way up so you can see that nest of bluebirds clearly.

IMG_3761

So sweet!  I love how it turned out.  Next step is to make it into a pincushion top….  Thank-you so much Sue, Jacqueline and Marina.

I finished the first of the stitchery samplers last night. 

IMG_3765

The next one is backstitch.  Happy stitching to me!

Janet

6 comments:

  1. Great to hear the post is moving... lovely squishies your received... and the pincushion base is wonderful... so much to look at.... your sampler is really great....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful trips to the post office you must have. I guess I need to join some swaps so I can get something other than bills LOL! Love the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy stitching to you! Love from bloggers is so fun!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have a lot of visual sunshine to get you through those long Yukon winters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad the post got through!
    Love your mug rug and goodies.
    Hope lots more mail arrives for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray, your well travelled pin cushion is home.

    ReplyDelete