Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, January 6, 2013

And another design consideration…

I went out for supper and when I came home I realized that there is something I don’t quite like about the layout I have up on the design wall.  There is a bit too much green and it is overwhelming.  So I switched out some of the green squares for purple squares.  What do you think? 

IMG_6034

All the green blocks Bonnie intended there to be

 

 

 

 

IMG_6036

Some of the green blocks switched out for purples.

 

 

 

 

IMG_6037

And some of them switched out for blues.

 

 

 

 

(You may notice as well that I turned the four corner four patches on the left hand block.  I’m not sure yet which way they look best.)

Janet

10 comments:

  1. I like the blocks with solid corners, and my choice, the bottom pic with green swapped for blue, a lovely contrast with the purple and grey, with enough depth of colour to give it "oomph", and I needed to click and enlarge to make my choice. Lovely layout. Cheers, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header photo is soooo gorgeous Janet!! I like the third layout too, but really, they all look great. Have fun making your choice. Hope you had a Happy New Year! And that you're staying warm. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 2nd options, the purple corner squares ... that's my two cents - but I really don't envy you for having to make the decision.
    I imagine you sitting or standing in front of the design wall with a cup of coffe and staring at those 3 options and thinking and thinking and choosing option one, then you will start to take the blocks down just to realize maybe option 3 isn't that bad so some more staring ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I like the 3rd option too! Keep sewing and get them together and then you will able to second guess yourself!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wait until you get more done, no matter what it'll look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3rd one is my favorite - I'm a blue person, though. . . the 2nd is really just as nice, so personal preference for you on that one. For your colors, I do like the 4-patches turned that way, too (2nd, 3rd pics). It is so fascinating to see how very different everyone's Easy Streets are turning out! Love your different values here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes i agree, the thrid layout is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there's more balance to the whole in the 3rd pic. Looks like you're doing a great job reworking it. Nice eye for color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The third layout is my favorite , it looks great Janet , definitely stand out better than the first one . Great job !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the green squares are there to make a kind of Irish Chain. You should ask Bonnie if changing the greens to purple will interrupt the total design. But I do like the purple!

    ReplyDelete