Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Friday Night Sew In Report–ARG!! This was Friday Night with Friends!!

Another Friday Night Sew In Friday Night with Friends has come and gone.  It seems sometimes like time disappears through a big hole.  Ah well.  I did manage to participate in FNSI FNWF this month.  I haven’t done any work on my Grandmother’s Flower Garden since I was in Hawaii in January, so I decided it was time to pay it some attention. 

I added the bottom green border hexies on two flowers…

IMG_8873

Earlier this week I made hexie flowers for my April swap partner, Helen (no blog) from England.  She wanted purples or blues in small prints.  I think I managed that…

IMG_8862

WE have had an early spring, the snow is almost gone and some days has been quite warm.  Some though are still quite cool… Today we went on the first spring canoe and bird hunt.  We didn’t see many birds but there were about fifteen sheep hanging out up on the mountainside. 

IMG_8865A

It was nice and warm when the sun came out. Smile 

How was your FNSI FNWF?

Janet

8 comments:

  1. hi Janet your hexie quilt is looking awesome,love your snow pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos on the lake. What sort of birds were you looking out for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely hexie quilt. The colours are so spring-like - perfect for this time of year! Are they 1" hexagons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hexie quilt is coming along really fast. I guess it seems so if you're not the one sewing it. Your flowers for Helen are so pretty and, as always, the scenery photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping by from the FNwF sign up post. Your hexie flower quilt is going to be lovely! Our snow has finally been gone for a little over a week now and it has warmed up nicely. We had our first tulip bloom yesterday morning. Spring is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great hexie projects!! And your paddling trip sure looks like fun. I was cycling by a pond this morning, thinking I need to get my kayak out now that it's warming up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That time gobbler has been here too. Hexies can gobble time like crazy. Only someone who has sewed them can realize the amount of time and work they gobble. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture. I love your swap hexies - I am sure your partner will too and your quilt is looking so good. xx

    ReplyDelete