Greetings fellow sewers,
When I returned from Hawaii I laid out my three completed rows for the hexie flower quilt along with the five rows I already had joined together and I decided it needed to be a little bit bigger. I needed eight more flowers for the sides and one more row for the bottom. So on Friday I started putting the flowers together.
I managed to get one side flower prepped and ready to join on the main quilt.
And this morning at our local craft club meeting (we meet once a month on the first Sunday for an hour - mostly to plan what we are going to do, but I always take some hand sewing to work on) I sewed it on to its spot on the quilt.
I have decided that I want to get the additions done and the two big pieces of the quilt sewn together by the end of March. This may be unrealistic, but I am going to try. I also want to get all the pieces cut and the preliminary blocks sewn for Bonnie Hunter's last mystery quilt En Provence. The mystery steps are no longer available from her, but I saved them all when they came out over Christmas. I want to put that quilt together at my quilt retreat which is the third week of April. I'm going to be busy!!
I hope you all had a great Friday of sewing. :) Please check out Cheryll's blog Gone Stitchin' to see what everyone else got up to for Friday Night with Friends.