Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter sewing

It was so lovely to have a four day weekend for Easter.  I am sad to say that I don't go to church, but I think about the meaning of Easter.  We had a family get together at my nephew's house - lots of good food and all the local family plus a couple of friends.  Of course everyone else was under 45 but they accept us old fogeys hanging around anyway.  And along with the fourteen humans there were eight dogs in attendance.  Here is DD # 3 giving them all a treat. :)


I did manage to sew some more hexie flowers over the weekend - four in fact!


As you can see I have been having fun picking some bright and colourful second round fabrics for the flowers.  Don't you love the candy swirl one?!

Spring is definitely almost here.  I washed my car outside in my yard yesterday!!  There was so much mud on it that you couldn't tell what colour it was.  There are a couple of rabbits who come every morning to graze on the grass in my yard and day by day they are changing colour.  



White fur....


And brown...  So well camouflaged!

It's time to sign up for Friday Night Sew In hosted by the lovely Wendy at Sugarlane Designs.  I am going to a quilting retreat Thursday through Sunday so I will be doing lots of sewing myself, and hope to be able to share some of it with you.  Hope to see you there!

Janet 

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post and the bunnies. Your hexies look good enough to eat! I really love the two that look like radiating stars with the way you did the outside row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Easter! Wow, that's a lot of dogs, lol! The bunnies are so cute... xx

    ReplyDelete